Monday, January 30, 2012

I received a blue hydrangea as a gift and need help on how to care in Wisconsin.?

Do I need to add anything to the potting soil to make stay blue? How and how much do I fertilize and do I use an acidic fertilizer like Miracid? Can I plant in the ground or is it best to leave in a container and bring indoors in fall?

I received a blue hydrangea as a gift and need help on how to care in Wisconsin.?
If this was a gift for Mother's Day and was bought from a florist or grocery store, it is considered an annual. You can put it in the gound, but it won't last the winter.



Your best bet is to get to a garden store and buy hydrangeas that will last through a Wisconsin winter. Endless Summer and Penny Mac are good ones to choose.



I live in Iowa and had my Endless summer in pots last year and put them in the garage for winter. One survived, the other didn't; and I don't know why.
Reply:Here is a site that will answer all of your questions. By the way, someone bought my daughter a hydrangea from the supermarket and I stuck it out in my yard 3 years ago, and it is doing beautifully. Good luck!http://www.hydrangeashydrangeas.com/colo...


No comments:

Post a Comment