Friday, January 27, 2012

How do I care for a Unique Hydrangea Tree?

I accidently bought a Unique Hydrangea Tree. It said it would grow 10-20 feet. How long would it take it to grow about 10 feet if i gets all the water and sun it needs? I planted it in the right spot, and it is about 2 feet tall right now. No white blooms yet though.

How do I care for a Unique Hydrangea Tree?
Unique Hydrangeas are listed as a fast grower. The experience I have shows that they take a couple of years to get established after transplanting and then take off. Expect 8-12" of new growth a year once established. They do benefit from pruning. They flower on 1st. year's wood, so you can prune in late October, after they bloom or when dormant. They like part sun or shade. They need a fertile soil and constant moisture. They are late bloomers, so expect to see blooms in mid-July to September.
Reply:just let it grow. Plant have been growing for millions of years without our help


No comments:

Post a Comment